Happy Tuesday y'all!
I have been a busy bee domesticating it up getting my balcony set up for the summa time! I know most people wait until the summer is over and everything goes on sale to decorate their balcony--but my balcony is one of my favorite parts of my house and I really want to be able to enjoy it this summer. After a few weekends of slaving away it's ready for it's big reveal!
My dad is a SUPER sale finder...seriously, when you need something on sale, you tell him and he will find every make and model within 20 minutes AND it will ALWAYS be on sale. It's dedication, but it comes in very handy!
My condo has become his favorite thing to shop sales for, and I have no complaints. I have been looking for some outdoor pillows/cushions to complete this space, and low and behold the ones I had my eyes on WENT ON SALE THIS WEEKEND! Two points for Dad- 1 for being him, another for finding my favorite stuff on sale and taking me to get it on Father's Day, no less! No need to wait until August to finish it, only to pack it up a couple weeks later.
The Bistro set (pictured below) is the Presidio Collection from Kohl's with assorted outdoor cushions and pillows from the World Market White Antigua collection found here, here, here, and here. The Chevron Outdoor Blanket is also World Market, but I can't find a link for it.
Also. note to y'all: World Market publishes a coupon every other week (they are good for 2 weeks at a time, too)...so don't go there without one!
The lounge chair is also from Kohl's, but it doesn't seem to be online either. Boo. It is my absolute favorite spot to unwind after a long day of work and catch up on my reading/links/Instagram, etc in the fresh air. The pink flower basket is actually a hanging basket of Begonias from a local nursery on a plant stand from Home Depot.
Another note: Never ever buy anything from Kohl's without a coupon. They literally publish tons every week....so there is absolutely no reason at all what-so-ever to buy ANYTHING there full price!
Also. note to y'all: World Market publishes a coupon every other week (they are good for 2 weeks at a time, too)...so don't go there without one!
The lounge chair is also from Kohl's, but it doesn't seem to be online either. Boo. It is my absolute favorite spot to unwind after a long day of work and catch up on my reading/links/Instagram, etc in the fresh air. The pink flower basket is actually a hanging basket of Begonias from a local nursery on a plant stand from Home Depot.
Another note: Never ever buy anything from Kohl's without a coupon. They literally publish tons every week....so there is absolutely no reason at all what-so-ever to buy ANYTHING there full price!
A couple weekends ago,I supervised my mom plant planted some annuals and herbs in flower boxes (best you can do on a little condo balcony...) and I am happy to report they are thriving and growing! I am almost at the 1 month mark with no dead plants ;) My herbs have also finally grown enough that I can start using them for dishes...which means I really need to stop going to happy hour and start cooking!
I (ahem, Mom) also planted a hydrangea bush in a planter (the guy at Home Depot said it should work...) but it hasn't bloomed yet, so this experiment is still a work in progress. I am still searching for a cute ceramic planter for this guy, but apparently those are harder to come by in this area than I originally thought.
I think I am getting ahead of myself with the green thumb experiment, because I also picked up some succulents at Lowe's Sunday. (they didn't have any cute planters but they DID have more flowers!) Since they don't require much effort so they are my new favorite plant.
AND...totally unrelated to my balcony BUT how cute are these Mini Mason Jar shot glasses? (Okay...perhaps there will be some shots out there at some point this summer....)
Of course my mom found them.....(only moms possess those secret awesome 'finding cool things' skills) and made sure they made it home with me :)
Aren't mom's the best?
Well...that was kind of random at the end...BUT...the balcony is complete and always open for Happy Hour :)
Come On Over!






CUTE POST! i cant wait to see it in person! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAhh everything looks so pretty! Can't wait to come see it and have a cocktail on that gorg balcony! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI love those mini mason jar shot glasses!!
ReplyDeleteThose mini mason jars are TOO CUTE!!!
ReplyDelete