Happy Tuesday everyone!
Hope everyone's day is good so far :)
So...last week I made a YUMMY, HEALTHY recipe that was so easy even I could handle it...(with a food processor involved!) that I HAD to share.
I used this recipe to make a cauliflower crust pizza from Blogilates...and it was A-MAZING. Not only was it easy and healthy, it was also budget friendly--all the supplies didn't cost me much!
BUT...in case you are too lazy to click over there, let me spell it out for you here right quick.
Crust:
- 1 cup of shredded
cauliflower or 1/3 of a head of cauliflower
- 1/2-3/4 cup of
shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried
oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed
garlic
Toppings (you can really do whatever here):
- 1/2 cup pizza
sauce…
- 1/2 green bell
pepper
- 1/2 red onion
Directions:
1. Shred cauliflower
in a food processor
2. Microwave in a bowl
for 8 min
3. Mix in about 1/2
cup of cheese, save rest for topping
4. Crack the egg and
mix all ingredients together
5. Spray pan with PAM
and make a nice base of cauli-cheese crust
6. Bake in oven for
10-15 min at 350F
7. Then take out
crust, top with sauce and toppings
8. Place back in oven
for another 10-15 min
Sorry for the less than stellar photo...but my iPhone was the most convenient camera I had at the time. The recipe says it yields 8 slices...but unless your slices are bite size, I think that's a bit of a stretch....it was more personal pan size (think the size of a dinner plate) and of course I ate the whole damn thing. No carbs on the crust means I can do that, right?
I also didn't have oregano or garlic on me (my spice rack isn't complete yet....I am more concerned with decorating.....) so I just threw in some Italian seasoning instead. I think it's really whatever floats your boat as long as you have the cauliflower, egg and cheese to hold it all together. I also recommend letting the crust harden a little both times by letting it sit for a couple minutes before putting the sauce and other goodies and then after you take your whole pizza out.
But for real, this pizza was simple, quick (even with the food processing part), healthy and delicious. I am officially on board the cauliflower pizza train!






yum! definitely giving this a try soon!
ReplyDeleteYessss!
ReplyDeleteYessss!
ReplyDelete