3.21.2013

Hello Spring Link-Up Party: Spring DIY

I have a confession: I absolutely, positively 100% DID NOT read beforehand what any of the topics for this link-up were beforehand...as a matter of fact I don't even know what tomorrow's is....but I have to admit I am loving this little party! 
It's getting my juices flowing and getting me excited for spring (since it's 30 degrees out and all right now....)
Simply Smithwick
Today's topic:
Spring DIY.
(angels singing in my ears....)
I love DIY projects....I have always been a crafter....I just lack patience. Luckily, at my old age I am getting better at the whole patience thing. This one is also super easy because I have a Pinterest board conveniently titled 'Future DIY endeavors' (not to be confused with DIY endeavors that require a garage/man/fancy tools/etc)
1. Fabric Bulletin Board
I just love this! The only reason I haven't made one is I don't exactly have anywhere to hang one....but that doesn't mean I can't find a place ;)

Source: houzz.com via Alex on Pinterest
2. Rope and Glitter Vases
I just love these vases--they would make great gifts or great accent pieces around the house...and how expensive can they be? I def. have cans and glitter around the house...all I need is a glass vase and some flowers--anddd viola! 




Source: joybx.com via Alex on Pinterest
Source: dailycandy.com via Alex on Pinterest
3. Chevron Wall Art
Do I really need to explain this one? Obviously I need some glitter chevron wall art...but again...lack of current wall space.
4. Instagram Gallery
I really want to do one of these and it sounds simple enough...yes? I think the most expensive part will be printing the pictures. Does anyone have a good place they use for Instagram pictures? The last time I did it, it was kinda pricey and the Costco Online upload doesn't work for me.....
5. Upholstered Box Spring
I'll probably call in the big guns (aka Mom) to help me out with this one. My bed is HIGH and I have a deep-pocket mattress...which means no matter what size duvet I buy the damn boxspring shows....aside from my duvet hanging really low on one side and really high on the other...this is the optimal solution. 
A
mbitious list, I know.....but if you aren't going for the gold then what the hell are you doing anyways? (My dad used to say that all the time!)

Check in to see my progress (or lack thereof.....) in a couple weeks/months! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your list of ideas!!! I would love that glitter chevron art! And I too need a good way to print intagram pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so me great great ideas!

    I love the fabric board, and the glitter vases, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so cute! I keep meaning to print some Instagram pictures! I'm so glad you're liking the linkup!! Thanks for playing along every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do the instagram pic thingy! I just keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric bulletin board is so cute!

    Also, the instagram collage is so smart! I printed mine from postalpix and stickygram.

    ReplyDelete