Holy moly. Where has the time gone? I most of last week in a marathon 10-hour-a-day conference, so by the time I got home at night, my brain was fried :( I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend! We had some beautiful weather...not typical for February at all but I am not complaining. So...what the heck have I been up to? Well...let's start off with the most exciting news....
I FINALLY got new bedroom furniture!
After spending hours (literally 9-6:30 pm) shopping on President's Day....I made the leap and got an entire set of REAL WOOD furniture (of course I bought the set I saw at 10:30 am....at 6 pm- but that's another story)....bye bye Ikea days :) My room is completely done being updated- don't have room for anything else, nor do I need anything else. As my roomie reminded me on Friday...the only thing left from my original room when we first moved in is my mattress. Everything else has been replaced. Hello growing up.
I FINALLY got new bedroom furniture!
After spending hours (literally 9-6:30 pm) shopping on President's Day....I made the leap and got an entire set of REAL WOOD furniture (of course I bought the set I saw at 10:30 am....at 6 pm- but that's another story)....bye bye Ikea days :) My room is completely done being updated- don't have room for anything else, nor do I need anything else. As my roomie reminded me on Friday...the only thing left from my original room when we first moved in is my mattress. Everything else has been replaced. Hello growing up.
A little story about the furniture....I scheduled delivery on Friday and then found out I had a work meeting I could not get out of. Luckily, I work 3 miles from my house so my mom offered to come wait for the delivery guys while I ran to my 1 hour meeting. Well of course, the delivery guys came during the one hour I was away...so I actually didn't have to deal with any of it at all. As a bonus, when I came back, my mom had vacuumed my room, treated our leather couches (hand-me down from her), cleaned the dishes, and made my bed. (It was extra cozy and fitted since a mom made it :) Aren't moms the best?!?!
Saturday I got my hair done (nothing too exciting there except for the bottom-less mimosas) and Sunday was career-building day. I met with some former co-workers in the morning and then with a partner at my firm in the afternoon to discuss my career and where I want to go. Literally, the most productive Sunday in a long time. Anyways, let's get onto the good stuff, like who looked good at the Oscars last night. While I am not a big fan of award shows, I am a fan of the red carpet.
My favorites were:
(all images via)
Michelle Williams.
She is going in to the pixie cut hall of fame along with Halle Barry. Beautiful.
Where the heck are her arms? Give this girl a cheeseburger! She looks awesome, but trying too hard with the leg...and why did People cut out Brad?!?!
Tina Fey blew me away-her stylist was spot on. I didn't even recognize her when she was first being interviewed by Tim Gunn!Rarely makes a mistake on the red carpet.
And the queen herself...Miss Piggy. Look at that pouf! Girlfriend's got it going on! I wonder how Kermit feels about her plunging-neckline....
Also, what does everyone think about my bff Carrie's new song? I heard it Friday am while ordering from the McDonald's Drive-Thru (don't judge, Egg McMuffins are delish and you know it) and almost freaked out. Then I tried to call Laura to discuss, but apparently she wasn't awake. I am a fan-but I am a fan of all her music so this shouldn't surprise anyone. Girlfriend has some pipes and knows how to use them!
That is all for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend :)
That is all for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend :)













I love the silver key and chevron lamp from your room! Where did you get them?
ReplyDelete