8.31.2011

Yes, I am still here!

Blog slacking. I know. I don't have any line of defense. Sorry! Let's catch up....

So my co-worker scored these awesome cards from the local Chick-Fil-A that are good for one free breakfast entree per month for August -Decembe. (She's a doll...) I thought it was for any breakfast entree, but apparently it's for the one they specify, and there is a different one each month. Being that today is in fact the last day of August, I immediately BOOKED it to CFA for bfast this morning for my free Chicken, Egg and Cheese Bagel.




...damn was this thing good but I literally think I went up a dress size or two. Whatever.

Also, in breaking news in my life.....I (kinda sorta) got a promotion! Saying my career has been in a rut is QUITE the understatement. I allowed myself to stay in toxic work situations that were of no benefit to me and didn't look out for myself. Yesterday I was informed that as of next Tuesday, I officially begin my transition to team lead, effective January 2012. What does that mean?? That I am in charge of a 5 person team for the forseeable future and my (paid) promotion depends on how well I do over the next year.....


...this gal is about to storm up the corporate ladder! Of course, immediately following my meeting with my project manager she sent me her "List of Expectations"....which included checking email 7 days a week and spending 1-2 hours every Sunday planning ahead for the week and providing a Monday AM at-a-glance agenda for the week....errr....it did not specify whether or not this agenda could be produced while consuming wine, so therefore it's probably better to not ask, right?

Today might as well also be a freaking holiday because I AM GETTING MAH HAIR DID AFTER WORK!! There are very few things I look forward to in life more than getting my hair done. Unfort, my HOV carpool buddy (who also very conveniently drives me all the way out to the boonies) can't come with me, so not only do I have to take the back way, but I probably can't slam 3 glasses of wine tonight, seeing how a Wednesday evening DUI doesn't really seem like any fun. I always go in there envisioning leaving with long, beautiful, flowing locks like so...

...but we all know I am going to come home, fall asleep immediately like the old woman that I am and wake up with a nasty mop that I will REFUSE to wash for at least 3 days because I paid $50 to get this mane styled and lord help me if I wash out the super mysterious silky-smooth products they put in your hair (but when you buy them, they never work quite the same at home....)

Between my hair appt this afternoon and tomorrow being my last day of work (thank you, employer, for the extended holiday weekend)...I am pretty much DUNZO on the focusing front. Yeah, trying but it ain't working for this gal.



Also..while I am very sad to see summer go.....BRING ON THE FALL! I think as a gift to myself for all of my hard work and my new promotion, I am going to treat myself to this JCrew dress (In Navy)....I mean, with a pair of brown boots (hopefully my beloved Tory ones!) this is just too cute for words.

...just one question....can I still wear my bright sundresses to work post-Labor day for at least a few weeks? It's sorta been my trademark this summer, so until I figure out my fall trademark, I need something. Plus, they put me in a good mood and I am not quite ready to say goodbye to summer. Also, can Starbucks start serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes NOW? What is the hold up?

......and WHO IS READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLL?
Saturday WHERE ARE YOU?
...I have been on the prowl for super-cute gameday gear, so expect quite a few upcoming posts featuring my adorable Orange and Maroon finds!

Happy Humpday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment