8.01.2011

Weekend Recap: Back to College (thank goodness it was only for a few days.....)

Hello Lovelies! Hope y'all had a great weekend! Today was another long, exhausting day at the office which can only mean one thing.....another GREAT weekend! This weekend a few of my sorority sisters and I went back to Blacksburg to visit our dear friend Liz who lives full time in Blacksburg with her husband (lucky!) and have some girl time. Minus the massive hangover (note to self: just because I am in college bars does not mean I can drink like I used to), the two hour wait for a freaking cab (seriously Blacksburg, you need some taxis) and the extra hour of traffic we hit on the ride home it was a perfect weekend. I really am so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Saturday afternoon we hit up the bookstore, our favorite sub shop from back in the day and went tubing down the river. If you knew me in college, you would remember that I went through ELEVEN digital cameras in college. Yes, eleven, you did not read that incorrectly. Therefore, there are no pictures of us on the river....water +Alex +digital camera=disaster.

The main event of the weekend was the impromptu bar crawl (sidenote: we arrived Friday night/Sat am at midnight and were promptly informed that we were having a competitive bar crawl the next night. Without thinking twice, we all agreed. In hindsight, it was a terrible, terrible idea.....) where we took Blacksburg by storm. We were all paired off and the rules were simple: If you got the bar's "signature" drink you got 3 points-after that various drinks were worth different points....most points at the end wins. I will not disclose how many points my teammate and I got, all you need to know is WE WON. Of course, there had to be a recount and a declaration of our victory, but winning is winning. Our prize? Praise on our Facebook walls everyday this week :) Apparently my friends think I am very attractive and want to be like me. Who knew?

My partner Ashley at the first bar. BTW-these huge beers were $2 each. I miss college alcohol prices.

...trademark group picture with random dude in background with his arms out. WHY DO GUYS ALWAYS DO THAT??

....DiDi praying for a victory. Too bad it didn't work ;)

...we did not discuss what we were packing at all, yet all of us ended up wearing a pink/coral dress out and people noticed and asked what was up with the matching dresses.....my response? Great Minds Think Alike!

.....friends don't get much better (or better looking!) than this

Our lovely hostess and her partner in crime, Diva

....all the girls at our favorite place before the mass exodus.


That's about all I have for now, plus Ashley is about to pick JP (sorry Benny!) so I need to hit post and get back to the Bachelorette!

No comments:

Post a Comment