2 realizations:
1) The title was less than creative - work with me it's not even 9 am yet.
2) I haven't blogged since last Friday. Got a whole slew of excuses you aren't interested in, but let's just say if I can't get pictures to upload, I generally don't post because WHO likes blog posts without pictures? Not this gal.
1) The title was less than creative - work with me it's not even 9 am yet.
2) I haven't blogged since last Friday. Got a whole slew of excuses you aren't interested in, but let's just say if I can't get pictures to upload, I generally don't post because WHO likes blog posts without pictures? Not this gal.
Sunday night I went to see Alison Krauss with the parentals. Not sure if any of you like her, but let me tell you girlfriend is a-freaking-mazing in concert. She sounds exactly like she does on her record (I can't STAND it when you go to a concert and they don't sound anything like the songs on the radio), and I realized that when she sings she looks like she's just talking. There is no crazy facial expressions, hands flying everywhere, kicking, etc. Just a gal with a microphone playing her fiddle. Not to mention her band is pretty bad-ass too. I strongly recommend you overlook the part where you find her music in the 'bluegrass' section and give the gal a shot.
....remember when I was talking about how excited I was that I scored a pair of these beauties from the Nordies Anniversary Sale?? (They sold out of ALL the brown ones 2 days into the pre-sale!)
....well then I came across these 100000x more beautiful boots and this is a MAJOR problem because: 1) I REALLY want them; 2) they are double the price of the ones above; 3) I REALLY REALLY want them; 4) I justify purchases with the most ridiculous excuses EVER.
...although this never-ending heat (it's really sad that I find the 80s 'cool') makes it hard to think of fall clothes (my all-time favorite season clothes-wise), I stumbled upon this adorable fall outfit on Polyvore, and have already declared THIS as my weekend uniform. I am initiating a mission to procure a fitted denim shirt and the Tortise Michael Kors watch immediately - everything else I already have. (ug those new boots would look SO much better than my current ones.....)
...and last but certainly not least on today's local Rue, you can get a $40 voucher to Bungalow (home of the Scout bag) for only $20! Ever since my trip to BBurg, I have been dying to get my hands on a cute Scout makeup and totebag (because I don't have enough tote bags or anything.....) - I think I am going to go with this pink ikat pattern!







I want those tory boots!
ReplyDeleteUmm, I was DROOLING over those boots today! LOVE! And, have you seen the DC scout bag? So cute!
ReplyDelete