Another weekend, another wedding! It was suggested I change the name of my blog to Weddings, Ribbons & Bows, Oh My!--not going to happen, but it is kinda funny.
This time it was my roommate from Freshman Year, Kelly, (the ONLY person in my life who has ever had to share a room with me, sorry!) and her now-husband John who took the plunge! It was a beautiful ceremony held at the same church her parents wed at--how awesome is that?
I, of course, did not have a pair of shoes to wear with FABULOUS dress my dear friend Katie so graciously let me borrrow. What's a girl to do? Ummmm..HELLO--Stop by DSW on the way to the wedding, duh! Of course there was a sale, so I had to get both pairs of shoes. (Okay, I spotted one while waiting in like and couldn't resist!) Anyways, what do you think?
I swear both pairs are the most fantastic shoes ever, match everything and BOTH were on sale!
...The ones I wore
(Steve Madden-Talisa)
...and my bonus pair!
(Jessica Simpson-Oscar)
I also got to spend the entire evening catching up with my high school marketing teacher, Mrs. Tucker. She has played a very important role in my life--during my high school years she had a tremendous impact in shaping me into the woman that I am. I will always consider her a great role model and one of the smartest women in the world. It was so much fun to be able to enjoy a cocktail with her and talk about life--I really miss her (and my high-school hey days too.....)
The best part--Liz caught the bouquet! We made a pact to duck out of the way, but instead Liz somehow interpreted that to mean catch. Anyways, if any of you know Liz, you know she deserves that bouquet. Liz has the job only some of us dream of having--she works for a celebrity wedding/party planner in New York City! I was informed my wedding attending skills were so spectacular (I mean I have had so much practice, how could I not be the best??) that I may earn myself a trip to New York to party it up with Liz. Woo Hoo!






look how tan you are!!! hottie!!!
ReplyDelete