Anyways, this Friday I was introduced to something I cannot describe in any other way than an underground cult movement, the US Air Guitar Championships. I didn't even know such a thing existed. If you are thinking what I think you are then yes, it is a competition where people play the air guitar, and apparently has QUITE the following. The winner (some guy named Ocean from NYC) won a trip to the Netherlands to represent the United States at the World Air Guitar Championships. Yes, you read that correctly, it is world wide. Apparently, it's all over You Tube. The line to get into the 9:30 Club when we got there was 2 blocks down the street AND wrappedaround the corner! While I still have n
ot passed my full judgement on it, I still had a good time with friends and will always remember just being speechless for most of the night.Saturday was the Dave Matthews concert, which always promises to be a
Sunday I went to the Spa with Deena for her birthday and enjoyed a massage and facial-SO nice! Not so nice was being covered in massage oil and trying to shop on M St afterwards on a hot muggy day. I concluded the day with a trip to Lauriol Plaza in DuPont for dinner. Seriously, this place is amazing. The guac is FANTASTIC and they have pitchers of swirly Margs--too bad I was too hungover to drink!
This week is a crazy week at work so I may be light on the posts, as I have to log extra long hours so I can make it to Richmond for Laura's bachelorette party this weekend! Woo Hoo!






No comments:
Post a Comment