Okay, it has been months since I last blogged, and secretly I kinda miss it. My life has just been SO busy I haven't had time, but starting now, July 29th, I am going to make more time. End of story. It's my mid-year resolution. Plus, I need to give all of you something to do at work everyday ;)
When I last left you it was the day of the Caps-Pens Game 7. Unfortunately for us Capitals fans, the game didn't go exactly as planned, but I still had a fab time with my sister. I think I will
frame this pic for my parents, it would make them proud!
SO much has happened I don't know it I can fit it all in. Grab a snack and a full cocktail, this one is going to take a while.
In the most exciting news, I MOVED! Yes, the 2 roomies and I had to say goodbye to our beautiful but seriously overpriced (especially now) apartment. A big thank you goes out to my dad who helped me move on Father's Day :) I mean what more does a Dad need than to spend the day with his adoring daughter anyways? Now we live in a super cute house right down the street. I would post pictures, but it is not in picture condition right now. I promise I will post some very soon. I am obsessed with it, I promise I will share. It is the cutest ever, you will p
rob be jealous, and (not so) secretly I want you to be just a lil ;)
We broke in the house on the 4th of July--hosting our first BBQ! The weather was perfect, and there was plenty of food and libations for all to enjoy. I must say the best part of the day did not happen here--rather on the way to Georgetown when we stopped at a random BBQ down the street to shotgun a beer--then promptly continued on our journey. It's the little things like such that make my life so complete. Anyways, can't wait to do it again--I swear once all 3 of us are home for the same weekend we are going to have a housewarming party--it just may not happen until September.
Of course, the most damage occurred on the following Funday Sunday. Let's just put it this way: Perry showed up with a case of beer, a bottle of wine, bottle of champagne and a Mad Dog. We didn't drink it all--but we were close enough. Two things I learned that weekend: Andrew loves wearing women's Ray Bans and Andrew and Perry are never allowed to be unsupervised together again.
So anyone who knows me knows that a) I love a good wedding b) people LOVE to invite me to their weddings. This summer has been NO exception--full of weddings and pre-wedding activities. Just how I like it, even though I am really wanting a weekend to myself, and it just isn't going to happen anytime soon. Oh well. I can sleep when I die. Let's see if I can do we
dding things in chronological order since my last entry.
Laura and Andrew had an engagement party at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake. While it ended up beingmore driving than I invisioned (almost 8 hours in the car when it was all said and done!) it was totally worth it. I had such a great time hanging out on the dock and the boat with my FAV gals...I wish we could do it everyday. Apparently the real world feels differently.

I mean, why can't everyday be like this?
Also, a BIG congratulations to Felice (my oldest friend--we have been putting up with each other since 2nd grade!) and her now fiance Mike! I cannot wait to be a bridesmaid in her labor day weekend wedding next year in Myrtle Beach! Wedding AND a vacation? Woo hoo!
I also (no I am not nearly done) attended my dear friend Virginia's shower, which turned into an all-day champagne fest (I believe we drank 2 cases at final count....) and then an all night party. Due to the massive amounts of alcohol, the pictures that WERE taken will not be posted here. Sorry 'bout it. There is one thing for sure--anything that Virginia throws is ALWAYS a good time. Always. Virginia got married last Saturday to John, and unfortunately I couldn't make her wedding because.....
I just returned from Mana's beautiful destination wedding in Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic!
It was a the perfect 5 day vacation: friends, food, drinks, LOTS of sunshine, trip to the spa, a beautiful wedding, andddd I didn't take my work computer! REAL VACATION! The first night at the resort was a little interesting--Torey found a cockroach in our room, but once we moved past that (not so) minor incident, we had a great time! I even got a little bit of a tan! That is a MAJOR accomplishment considering I am about as white as rice. Note: if you ever go to the Dominican, bring LOTS of bug spray and drink lots of Little Stars. I promise you will thank me for both pieces of advice. I have over 292 pictures of the weekend, but there is no way you are going to get me to post them here, so hop on over to Facebook to see the entire weekend.
Congratulations the new Mr. and Mrs. Skevington and the new Mr. and Mrs. Westover!
And as if that isn't enough, this weekend I will be attending the wedding of my roommate from freshman year- Kelly! Like I said, I LOVE a good wedding and I go to lots of them. I am super excited for it, mostly because it is local, I don't have to fly, drive many hours, etc. to get there. Now I just need to get her a gift...whoops I meant to do that before I left for the DR.
Okay, I am spent. Not as long as I thought it was--but you should be ready for a refill on that cocktail! Come back in a few days to see some new postings--I am going to start adding weekly sections to my blog (get excited!!)
Cheers!






Yay!!! You are back! Loved catching up on the past few months. Blogging is a great form of journaling as I have found. I am holding you to this resolution! Thanks for sharing. XXOO
ReplyDelete