So...I said 2 weeks ago I would post exciting news on Wednesday, May 1st....then life got slightly out of control Wednesday, and here I am 12 days later FINALLY posting my news...which if you follow me on Instagram you probably already figured out but...
I'm a Homeowner!
(closing day with my agent!)
I closed on my condo Wednesday afternoon...and then the chaos ensued. I had 2 days to paint the bedroom, finish packing and move. Oh...and my entire team was on pre-scheduled PTO so I couldn't take a single day off work during the busiest time of the year....needless to say, I was stressed out and continually on the go. (Which is why it took me 12 days to write this post!)
Anyways...here are the 'before' pics
(sorry, camera was packed, all I had was the iPhone....)
Living (left)/Dining Room (right)
Dining Room
Kitchen
(view looking to the right when you walk in)
Kitchen
(view looking straight on from the dining room)
Bedroom
(view from the door)
Bedroom and Walk-In Closet
(view from RH corner of room)
Bathroom
There is also a patio and 2 other closets which aren't pictured here, but you get the general feel of the place.
819 square feet all to myself :)
As I mentioned, I only had 2 days to paint (just the bedroom...the entire condo had been renovated and re-painted), finish packing and move. I closed Wednesday late-afternoon and the movers were scheduled to arrive at 9 am Saturday morning.
I painted by bedroom Sherwin-Williams 'Blushing'...a nice mix of pink and peach.
The goal was to NOT look like a child's nursery.
3 coats of paint later (finished around 8 pm Friday....) the walls finally looked respectable. I spent the last night in the house I rented for 4.5 years (such a bittersweet feeling) Friday, and woke up Saturday morning ready to make the biggest move of my life.
But OF COURSE....nothing goes as planned.
That's why you always bring alcohol along to combat the craziness. And parents....they can solve any problem.
Boxes give me MAJOR anxiety, which means I spent basically all afternoon/evening/night unpacking...and by Sunday afternoon I was completely unpacked and got straight to organizing.
More details on my crazy move AND after pics later this week :) I spent all weekend hanging and cleaning, so I promise more pictures of the stuff you really want to see :)






Alex, I am just reading through and catching up on your blog! Congrats on the new place! It is awesome!! Hope you are doing well!! Miss ya!!
ReplyDelete