5.21.2013

Achieving the Perfect Summer Glow

Time to throw away the BB Cream--it's summertime which means humidity and hot and muggy days (at least around here!) Summertime makeup is always a challenge for me...I don't want a lot of thick layers that can sweat off...but I still want minimal coverage for an effortlessly chic, glowing look that works whether I am spray-tanned or not.

I recently discovered Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and it's a game-changer...on my must-have makeup list for the summer months at a minimum...although I am sure it's fantastic all year round.



Summer Glow



1. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Bronze Tint Primer SPF 20 - this gives you a nice smooth base to start with and a little added color, which never hurt anyone...ever (except for maybe tan mom, but she's the exception to the rule).

2. Laura Mercier SPF 20 Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer - I've only been using this for a couple days and people it's a-freaking-mazing. The perfect blend of coverage and glow for the summer. I also believe you can never have too many layers of SPF in the summer...you know in case one craps out or something. Plus, my co-workers have commented on how healthy my skin looks...I've only had it for 4 days! 

3. E.L.F. High Definition Powder - works just as good as the Makeup Forever Powder (I've used both so I know...) and it's $24 less! Perfect for lightweight coverage during the hot summer months.

4. Laura Mercier Baked Matte Bronzer - goes on lightweight, stays all day. Need I say more?

5. Benefit The Fine One One Cheek Stain/Hi-lighter - This cream-based cheek stain and hi-lighter in one is great for the hot summer months because it goes on easy and stays all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment