It would be in very poor taste to not acknowledge the passing of one of my favorite fashion designers and icons, Lilly Pulitzer Rosseau. My love for Lilly is well documented on this blog.
I have to admit I had no clue what a 'Lilly dress' was until College. It's safe to say not just her clothing but her life philosophy had a profound impact on that crazy time in my life when I was transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. (...and beyond)
I wore a Lilly to my college graduation, and every year on my birthday my mom would buy me a new one, which always made me feel extra special....plus we had a GREAT time at the store checking out all of the cute patterns. Not to mention I had quite a few friends and colleagues check on me yesterday to make sure I was okay.
(Of course I wore my favorite Lilly around the house in her honor...)
If anything...we should all take a second to remind those people who are important to us how much we love them, remember to have a little fun, and never think an idea is crazy...because after all.....









No comments:
Post a Comment