I never have the right words to say on this day every year. I don't understand senseless violence. I don't understand why anyone would ever want to hurt innocent people. But they do...and we never have the right answers or the right words to say.
So all we can do is our best to make this world a better place. Be nice to everyone. Speak up when something seems off. Help others. And live our lives to the fullest....because rest assured, if any victim could come back and talk to us...they would tell us to live it up.
I refuse to accept 'this is the world we live in'...this non-sense has to stop..from Blacksburg to Boston, New York City to Newtown, Aurora, Northern Illinois, Oklahoma City, Columbine, Tucson and every and anywhere else I didn't mention.
I'm sick of it.
As Niki Giovanni stated on April 17, 2007:
"No one deserves a tragedy."
I unfortunately am all too familiar with how Bostonians are feeling this morning--6 years to the day, I felt the very same way. My soul was rocked. How dare someone come into my town (or city in this most recent case) and try to inflict harm on my innocent neighbors? How dare they try to taint our spirit and destroy our sense of safety?
I can assure you this...you will prevail. We all will. The days will get easier to handle-- you won't forget, but you will learn how to live with your changed view of the world.
Live for the 32 Hokie Angels and the 3 Boston Angels.
Live...because they don't get to anymore.








No comments:
Post a Comment