Happy Monday Lovelies! Hope everyone was able to enjoy the beautiful weather outside and all the mommies out there had a GREAT Mother's Day! This weekend kicked off on the right foot with my experience "antiquing" with the girls. My mom was never a fan of antiques (she refers to them as "junk") so I had no idea what I was in store for. Ever since I decided to re-do my room I have been looking for a few chic additions, but haven't really done much about it.Luckily my friend Katie twisted my arm (and offered to drive!!) and I figured it would be a nice change of pace to get the heck out of the city for the day. We spent most of our time at the Lucketts Store, which is actually 1 large house and 2 smaller houses around back full of little treasures. My favorite? The one filled with white ruffly, lace and glittery things (who is surprised there). If you have never been, go. It is well worth your time. I will post pics of my finds later this week (once I clean my room and put them out ;)
I enjoyed the inspiration and craft ideas I was able to jot down (and photograph) while there...like this original Washington DC Metro stop "Subway art". It was pretty dang expensive if you ask me, but with a few canvases, some paint, stencils and a lot of googling I bet with a little tlc and a LOT of patience, I could make something like it for well under $200 bucks.b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and who doesn't love spending a beautiful day shopping with some of your favorite gals? I actually decided to craft my mom a mother's day gift inspired by some of the art there, which will be a post later this week!
We ended the wonderful day with a mini bbq and a #America sheet cake. Apparently, when the sun goes down and the weather gets nice, all boys want is beer and sheetcake? News to me.
In an unrelated note, I trip to Rite Aid on my way home from brunch yielded yet ANOTHER great find-o-the-weekend, an ENTIRE rack of Reeses Eggs half off. Yes, I realize you are thinking "Whats up with the Jewish girl and Easter candy?". Well, even this little Yenta knows that Reeses Eggs are way better than actual Reeses cups. Needless to say I grabbed a few of these babies.
It's a beautiful sight.
I hope everyone has a GREAT week--only a 4 day work week for this gal! Woo-hoo. I am attempting to step foot into my kitchen and cook something OTHER than grilled chicken tonight (watch out) for some of the girls--wish me luck!!
I hope everyone has a GREAT week--only a 4 day work week for this gal! Woo-hoo. I am attempting to step foot into my kitchen and cook something OTHER than grilled chicken tonight (watch out) for some of the girls--wish me luck!!






Lucky girl with only 4 days!!! Kori xoxo
ReplyDelete