7.16.2012

Catching Up

Nope, you aren't in the wrong place! It's still me.....just a different look ;) I decided with all the craziness going on in my life....why NOT re-brand my blog?! My dear friend Laura worked REAL hard on Thursday putting all of this together for me and I literally LOVE the way it came out! I would love to know what you think: improvements......ideas.....what to you think? I love your feedback! We modeled it after Fabulous K's simple but chic designs (plus as much pink as I could work in there....)



So....I know right now you are dying to know where the heck have I been all summer? I know it's been forever since I posted. Work. Seriously. Since the middle of June, I was asked to join a (then-considered) 'short-term' project.....that turned into at least 12 hours a day....weekends....nights...mornings....you name it I was at the office. The only weekend I didn't work was the weekend I went to Paige's wedding (aka......my last post). 4th of July--yep, logged a full work day (I plan on rolling THAT vacation day against Labor Day weekend!)....left the office usually around1 am... even 3 am. And no, I don't get paid for overtime. (Okay....I think I am done venting.....)

Anyways, that work schedule barely allowed me any time to breathe or think, let alone blog. I sincerely apologize. We have so much to catch up on....

1. (The obvious): We are now going by Pink and Prosperous over here. Still lovin' those ruffles....but it was time for a change.

2. I GOT PROMOTED! Hell yes. Worked my butt off for this and I am not sorry I am taking a moment to brag about it. It has taken me way longer than I expected and it is such a relief to be rewarded for it.



3. After the crazy project ended...I decided to reward myself for my hard work + promotion with an Erin Condren planner. Yep, I joined the club....and I literally can.not.wait. for it to get here!

4. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year is absolutely terrible. Sorry, but leather (and/or pleather) IS NOT appropriate for the office. Not that I need to be shopping...but still.

5. I am in desperate need of a monogram necklace....who wants to recommend someone on etsy to me?

6. I can't stop reading 50 Shades of Grey. I completely intend on plowing through the 3rd book on my 6 hour plane ride tomorrow.....can't.get.enough.Christian.

7. I can't WAIT for the Real Housewives of OC Reunion tonight......who knew Alexis was public enemy #1? 

Now that the most challenging, gratifying, and rewarding project of my professional consulting career to date is over....it is time to VACATE. I am heading west with my family to Seattle to see my cousin get married......this trip has been scheduled for MONTHS and could not be coming at a better time. 10 days off of work is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. I will be scheduling a few posts for you throughout the week....but please check in with me via Instagram (click the camera button to the right!)  and twitter to see just exactly what I am up to.

Have a great week my dears and I will be back (in full-on blogging mode) next week! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayayayay! for new posts!!! so proud of you for linking your instagrid!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete