5.02.2012

Signed, Sealed and Delivered.

When it comes to Communication, I am old school.

I do phone calls and hand-written letters. Texts and emails just aren't my thing. It's always more personal to take the time to write someone a note or pick up the phone and give them a call. I can't stand text messages. They are impersonal and it takes far longer to have a text conversation than an actual conversation. The only times I find text messages acceptable are at large, loud venues (e.g. bars, football games) or during work when I shouldn't really be taking a phone call.
I also think emails are only appropriate when trying to make plans--otherwise, a handwritten note in necessary (and more polite). I hoard stationery.....to the point where I am writing excessive amounts of letters to people just to make room for more. I just can't help it. Plus, I always get stationery as gifts. People are onto me. Who wouldn't want to receive a lovely letter like these?
Photobucket
Photobucket

I used to be really good at Calligraphy in high school, but haven't done much since. Perhaps this can be a new hobby? I would love to be able to address invitations and letters like this without actually having to pay someone to do it. There are so many great places to get stationery....I get mine both in stores and online. Websites such as Polka Dot Design, Etsy and Minted have a great selection. I also have the added luxury of calling up my bff Laura, sending her a picture of something far too expensive and getting her to replicate it for me ;) Sometimes, it's all about the connections. Some cards on my 'to procure one day' list:

 Photobucket
Polka Dot Design
(I actually already have these and am in lov--great quality and the cute pink design is on the back, too! My stash is running low, so I must re-order)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Etsy
 
Since I like a complete, finished product, you MUST include the proper return information. I have been DYING for a cute stamp, but until I find a permanent home, I will stick to the return address stickers. These make GREAT wedding and housewarming gifts! (And yes, I want each and every one of these......lord help me)
Photobucket

PSA Essentials (The Original)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Etsy
 
Photobucket
 
These are not only great things to keep on hand, but also make great gift ideas! 

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. love the post today! especially the next to last stamp!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete