Well...Happy Wednesday my dears. I am sorry that I have been so MIA....and that I still haven't posted pictures from my vacation. You see.....it's funny what happens when one goes on vacation...you typically don't work while on it. Except if you work where I work--with a bunch of workaholics. For better of worse (probably worse...esp in terms of my career....) I put my foot down on being accessible on vacation/holidays...I just have to cut it off. Most people at my firm don't, but I do. Which meant when I returned from the Bahamas....I came home to a $%&@storm...to which I was told had I handled my emails and dealt with it when it started (aka the 3rd day of my vacay.....) it never would have gotten to the level it did.
Whatever. I was not checking email on vacation. Sorry about it.
So my life the past week and a half has been total craziness. INSANITY. I work...I run...I eat and I sleep. And I am beyond exhausted. I apologize for the lack of blogging....but my mind is spent by 9 pm these days.
So I had to stay home during Memorial Day weekend...because I was supposed to be at the beach until today (insert sad/angry face) and driving 7 hours each way for less than whole days at the beach was just way too much driving. So...I made the best of my day weekend that I could.
These pics are a little backwards/out of order...but until I get a guide on how to use the new blogger photo uploader thingie...this is how it's going to go.
This weekend I spent some QT with friends (and their puppies) BBQing, sunning and shopping... (doesn't get much better than that!)
Sidenote: if you do go shopping on a holiday weekend, try avoiding the outlets. It took us about 30 mins to find a parking spot and it was TOTAL insanity.....but my new white jeans are amazing so I suppose it was worth it ;)
With Clementine the most adorable French Bulldog around
My goddog Sterling. I love her :)
Sharing some Sangria with Sterls...puppies need cocktails too!
One of my favorite things about my friends is that half of my crazy ideas don't seem to crazy to them....so when I complained about not being at the beach on Friday night, my friend Tara immediately suggested we wake up early Saturday morning and drive to the beach for the day....3 cocktails later we had a full-blown plan..and by 11:45 Saturday morning...my feet were in the sand.
We got in a full 6 hours of sun...armed with a cooler of diet cokes and Coronas (too hungover for any Coronas sadly) and then headed home. One benefit to day trips to the beach in the middle of a holiday weekend...NO TRAFFIC! We made it home in record time ;)
...but not without a quick stop at Sonic (don't have those here....) for some Sweet Potato Tots....that were ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. Bleh. Should have gone for a Limeade and fries instead.
Also, in the spirit of Random....this picture is from a week ago Monday, but I went to this place called Marlin and Ray's out in the suburbs (I venture there for good friends on rare occasions....) for the most amazing happy hour around. This picture shows my entire meal-2 giant delicious fish tacos, a half-entree sized portion of mussles and 2 of the 4 Coronitas I had--all of which was only $12 with tax! I will def. be making more appearances here because that was just too much delicious food for next to nothing.
Okay...back to Memorial Day weekend..... (are you lost yet?!?) I added a few 'essentials' to my summer makeup collection:
Laura Mercier Golden Mosiac Shimmer Brick
Laura Mercier Orange Tulip Lip Glace
I swear when the lady put this on me in the store it looked Coral....but now it just looks like every other lipgloss in my bag--PINK. Grrrrr.
And that's my Memorial Day weekend in a nutshell. Certainly no 5 day trip to the beach with my girlfriends. One day, I will get over it, but the pain is still a little fresh.
Now onto some work fashion for you all....yesterday apparently was wear your black dress to work day. Everyone asked if I was feeling alright since I usually wear bright colors. I suppose I was mourning the end of my 3 day weekend?
And I am not trying to brag, but I am going to...so just get over it. This tweed and neon Tahari dress is amazing and you know it. One of my memorial day weekend STEALS. When it actually zipped in the fitting room (definitely on the smaller side BUT that's just motivation to lose some lbs....) I literally started jumping in the air and dancing. I love it. Dress is from Nordstrom Rack. Earrings are Kate Spade outlet and shoes are Enzo Angolini from Piperlime. Hello Happy Hour :)
Okay that's about all I can muster for now. I have a to-do list about a mile long, which def. didn't include anything involving the blog. I am hoping to get some vacation pics up ASAP ;)
I missed y'all!
















What a mish mash of random happiness, love it. And sweet potato tots sounds amazing, I'm so sad that they were disgusting.
ReplyDeleteI love love love that dress...you are right...it is amazing!!!
ReplyDelete