1.04.2012

New Year, New Things.

Yes, I am still here! Sorry about the lack of posts...I took last week off of not only work, but life apparently and things are very busy around here! Also, please excuse my somber mood, as I am still recovering from last night's Sugar Bowl debacle :( Oh well, there is always next year, right? I hope y'all had as good as a NYE as I did! I went down to Richmond to ring in the New Year with some dear sorority sisters and it was a total blast! Before the par-tay, we did a lil bit of shopping at the mall where I impulsively purchased an adorable new winter coat (that is coming in very handy in this 12 degree weather.....)

I got to rock my new chunky black necklace (Christmukkah present from a girlfriend!)

Before the clock hit midnight we relaxed our pretty little feet in a booth and played a few rounds of the movie game (you are looking at Planet of the Apes....my go-to for this game)

This was us at last call...we made it all the way to 2 am! (Which I think just means we are maturing....)

Now onto the more serious stuff. This year, there are no resolutions. Of course I want to lose some lbs (who doesn't?!?!) but I am a pretty consistent 4-5 days a week at the gym girl (except for the past week.....), so this year there are no resolutions. My motto is : "Do Better in 2012." It's open-ended...just do better at life. At my friendships. At relationships. At work. At home. At the gym. In my Community.

I also want to minimize my bad habits and start incorporating healthy, productive habits. Since quitting things never work for me....I am adopting a less/more approach.

In 2012, I want to......


...Read less magazines

...and more books.

...Drink less Diet Coke

...and more water.

...Spend less


...and save more.

I also am standing up for myself this year. Recently, I have discovered that sometimes I let things slide because it's easier than dealing with the issue at hand, which only results in me regretting not standing up for myself in the first place. I am really tired of people telling me what to do, how to do it, and what they think I should be doing with MY life. It's MINE, and I am certainly living it on my terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment