1.12.2012

Neti Pot...that goes WHERE?

Yours truly was sent home sick today from work...which secretly means I have to be available to answer questions (and I am at no shortage of work here)....but that also means this is a good time to throw up a few posts for you to enjoy.

First off, we are (well, I am....) going to talk about the Neti Pot. Here is the shortened version: I showed up sick to work AGAIN...like super stuffy, can't breathe sick. Some background information: with the exception of this year...I am NEVER sick. The only thing that makes me sick is yo-yo weather, which is basically all we have had..therefore I have been sick it seems almost all winter (if that's what you want to call this crazy season...) Also, I HATE using my PTO for sick days. I would rather be miserable all day at work then use a day on staying in bed sick. (We don't have separate sick and vacation days....we just get 28 days a year of PTO to use....)

ANYWHO...apparently my boss is onto me and sick of me coming into work sick. (Did you catch that?) She told me she was going to get me some orange juice while I conducted a meeting and came back with some OJ and this Neti Pot thing. Apparently Oprah swears by them and there is no time for people to be out sick, so it is time to tackle this congestion head-on. So, here I am post-Neti Pot blogging about it.

So, what is this thing and how does it work you ask?


Basically, you warm some bottled water (or boil tap water), mix with this with the Salene formula and rinse your nose with it. You plug one nostril and IF your sinuses are clear....it comes out the other one. (Great thing to think about, right?) So....what if you are super congested? Well....you wait...and wait...and wait for the stuff to finally start bubbling out of the other nostril. Then it will kinda flow out. Then you have to blow your nose and switch nostrils. And do it again.

Thank god I was in the privacy of my own home and my roomies weren't here because a) I looked like a freak trying to flush liquid through my nose and b) that was one of the most disgusting experiences ever. (Of course I am blogging about it for everyone...so that's that.) But for what it's worth, it worked. For about 20 mins. I can feel my nose stuffing back up so it's time to load up on the drugs and take a nap.

More to come later...xoxo sicky icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment