12.22.2011

Single Girl at the Holidays.

Ahhh it's that time of the year again--you know, the one where I am the lucky one who gets to explain why I am, yet again, still single at the Holidays. As if hearing "I don't understand how you are still single" or "Well, he is an idiot" actually makes me feel better about it. Hello people-I realize I am single every single day, I don't need you to remind me. Additionally, I don't need your pity party-just show me the cocktails and we will be fine.

So, for all you single gals out there...here is a list of why it's better to be single at the Holidays anyways.



-You get to celebrate wherever you want whenever you want. There are no "other people" to think about-just yourself :)
-All those cookies your neighbor dropped off? You don't have to share them, they are for YOU. (and there is nobody to judge you for eating them all....)
-No need to spend hours thinking of the perfect gift that isn't a huge flatscreen TV...because we all know guys are next to impossible to shop for.
-That money you would spend to buy his mom something from Williams-Sonoma for her kitchen that she probably will never use? Yeah, you get to put that towards a new necklace for your New Year's outfit. New year, new dress ;)
-You don't have to worry about him getting drunk and embarrassing you at Holiday parties.
-You get to get drunk at Holiday parties-there isn't anyone to embarrass (other than yourself.....)
-You don't have to worry about what people think of his job/personality/the fact you two don't live together/aren't engaged since he doesn't exist anyways.
-That money you would spend to get him something thoughtful and nice for you two to do together?? Spend on yourself a good girlfriend. Guarantee my bff and I would have way more fun getting a massage and lunch then anything couple-ish I would come up with.


What did I miss? I know you single gals are out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment