Hello Loves! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas :) I am off of work (and technology, kinda) this week, so there probably won't be very many posts this week (unless I get really bored....) Anywho, quick Christmas recap for ya. Momma had surgery the week before Christmas (she is doing just fine now) which meant I spent the entire week before Christmas finishing their Christmas shopping (and no, I didn't sneak in any gifts for myself this time....) and was tasked with cooking and hosting our 12 guests at our house Christmas Eve....NBD when you plan on serving ham even when 4 of the 12 guests are either a) vegetarians b) vegetarians who don't eat seafood EITHER and/or c) don't eat red meat. What does this mean? Lots of side dishes. LOTS.
Sister and I after we hit the Pinot Grigio but before I hit the kitchen.....
...veggies in the oven which means it was time for Jeager Bomb #1 (Holidays are way less awkward when booze is involved). Oh, and my dad bought me that Christmas apron as a "thanks, but don't screw up dinner" gift. It's reversible, too!
This was either Round 2 or 3 (there were 4 total before we ran out of Red Bull....last time anyone other than myself shops for the JB supplies....) Oh, and by this time you will realize I totally ditched my mint green cardi because I was sweating up a storm in the kitchen. I now realize why housewives drink-putting large dinners on the table is not exactly an easy task-wine makes it at least semi-interesting.
Yummm...Yule Log cake. Before you ask, it is most definitely from a bakery (who has time to make this stuff?!?!) and is delishhhhhhhh.
The next morning, it was Cinnamon Rolls and presents. Apparently I was so well behaved this year that Kate Spade had a sit down with Santa to remind him to reward me :) Lucky me! The loot I scored this year was:
The next morning, it was Cinnamon Rolls and presents. Apparently I was so well behaved this year that Kate Spade had a sit down with Santa to remind him to reward me :) Lucky me! The loot I scored this year was:

Kate Spade Laptop Case
Kate Spade Handbag (I got the little one and am IN LOVE!)

Pink Clarsonic Mia. Let me tell you-this little thing is most likely the best thing that has happened to my face. It feels SOOOO clean all the time. I need to give it a few more weeks to see some real results-but so far, hands down a must-own.
VT Tailgate Table! This will be perfect for our extensive pre-game spreads (and flipcup tournaments?!?!?)

North Face eTip gloves. Let me tell you-these things run SUPER small and were NOT easy to locate the day after Christmas. After running all over Northern VA with my dad we finally located 2 pairs of XSmalls at the North Face store and forgot to bring the 2 other pairs to return #fail.
The next day, it was time to hit up Target and Home Depot for some post-Christmas sales. My finds include Christmas cards and seals for next year (5 dollars total for 2 boxes of cards and a package of seals...), a silver ornament tree, 3 rolls of wrapping paper, gift tags, 4 spools of ribbon, a box of mini bows and various ornaments all for at least 50% off. I usually make fun of those people who buy up all the Christmas decorations the day after Christmas, but I must say...it was kinda fun and I definitely will be doing it again next year!
I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I am off to get some more blonde in my hair tomorrow (yay no more 2-tone hair) and some New Year's accessories (recycling the dress!) so I may or may not post tomorrow. Night!
I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I am off to get some more blonde in my hair tomorrow (yay no more 2-tone hair) and some New Year's accessories (recycling the dress!) so I may or may not post tomorrow. Night!












No comments:
Post a Comment