12.08.2011

God Bless Blacksburg

Today was like reliving the worst day of your life that you never want to live again. There are no words to describe how terrible April 16, 2007 was and how much I pray nobody else ever has to experience that in their lifetime.....ever.

I truly will never understand why these things happen in my beloved Blacksburg. I know none of you will ever believe me when I say it truly is the happiest, safest place in the entire world. I have never felt as safe anywhere in this world as I did in my 4 years at Tech, even after the shootings my senior year. It breaks my heart to see Blacksburg displayed in the media as this town that harbors violent, angry people who kill-couldn't be father from the truth.

My prayers go out to Officer Crouse and his poor children who no longer have their brave father in their life.



"But my heart goes out also to all of you, members of a strong and tightly-knit community that has had the sad misfortune to have weathered these storms before. I have been, and will continue to be, proud of how you have risen to the occasion time and time again, growing stronger in your bond and in your loyalty to one another and to the Hokie Nation." -President Steger

No comments:

Post a Comment