I found this article written by the first woman to edit the Editorial Page of the New York Times, Gail Collins. I am not a feminist by any means, but I did find the article very inspiring. Just as sometimes I struggle to relate to how racism could have been so prevalent just a few decades ago, I think we all take for granted what previous generations of women endured to create equality.
I can't imagine a world where I would not be able to wear pants to work, have a job that didn't consist of serving someone, not have access to birth control, or not be able to enter politics if I wanted to. It is no secret we have come a long way.
As someone who takes their career very seriously, I just want to say thank you too all those women who kicked ass so we could have a chance to compete with the boys ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment