It has been almost a month, and a crazy one at that--so much is going on right now!
My favorite sports team of all time- The Washington Capitals!-are in the playoffs and I have spent most of my nights on edge watching them WIN! Corey
game 7 vs. the New York Rangers and had a BLAST! It was hands-down the BEST sporting event I have EVER been to (including all 3 Tech bowl games!) and I can't wait for tomorrow's game 7!
I have my lucky red shirt--every time I have worn it the Caps have won, and I have not washed the luck off of it. I am hoping my presence will be just enough to push the Caps to victory over the Pens--GO CAPS!
Also, one of my good friends from high school, Jenny (Wood) Stover
had a baby girl! Addison Marie was born on Mother's Day, May 11, at 12:01 am! She is an absolutely beautiful baby girl and I can't wait to meet her soon--once things settle down in the Stover household I am going to make the trek to Gainesville to bring Jenny and Ryan some dinner and play with Baby Addison! I went to her shower, a few weeks ago and had a GREAT time catching up with some old friends and seeing how Jenny is doing. It is so crazy to me how fast everyone is growing up--I can't imagine being a mother right now, but I know Jenny will be a fantastic one! I totally jacked this picture from Facebook, but she's just SO damn cute how could I not post her picture?I just got back from Richmond last weekend where I went to visit Emily and Emily at their beautiful house (owned my Meredith!) I had SUCH a great time and was reminded just how thankful I am for having such wonderful friends. I really can say that I have some of the best friends anyone can ask for, and even though most of them do not live in the DC area, it is worth all the travels and extra time to see them :) I love you all--thank you for being there for me!
Also, I can honestly say that Ukrops is the BEST place on earth. If you have not been there--go to Richmond and Go! You will not be disappointed.
Another reason I have not been blogging much is because I have been in a sort of quarter-life crisis. Between the apartment drama, the pressure to look for a house in the economy, work, life, etc. I sort of fell off track. Luckily, I have fantastic family and friends who stuck by my side throughout everything, and I am pretty much back to good 'ole Alex. It's still a work in progress, but I am light years ahead.
I also cannot believe that it has been TWO years since I have graduated! I miss Tech and my college days everyday, but I do know that it was time to get out of that great, small-town and love the Nation's Capital. While we are speaking of graduations--two of my favorites--Cassie and Joelle are graduating this week--CONGRATULATIONS! Joelle has worked her @$$ off to graduate while working and I am SO proud of her. I genuinely look up to her--she is such a great person, and anyone in her life is lucky to be there. I am so proud of both of you and can't wait to celebrate!
Well, the Real Housewives marathon (New York reunion show and premiere of New Jersey!) is on right now, so I must go, but more to come tomorrow! This week is a busy but super fun week for me, so I will def. have a fun post before tomorrow's game!
Night y'all!






Thanks for the grad shout out. Can't wait to celebrate with youuu!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are back into blogging! I am sorry I missed you last weekend but glad you got in some gal time! The quarter life crisis is a normal thing. There are highs and lows of life but sometimes you have to experience the lows to see the highs. Every day is not all cupcakes and pink...I wish but pretty close! Love ya!
ReplyDelete