I promise I am really trying to keep up with this blog. Busy week...Happy Passover! I had a great Passover at home with my roommates...made a meal of Kosher hot dogs, Charoset (think apples, walnut and red wine and cinnamon trail mix, only perishable), and Maztah Ball Soup! It was my first time making Matzah Balls (which can be a bit tricky.....) and I think my mom would have been proud of me, they were delish and got RAVE reviews. Last night, I went to a second night of Passover at my friend Deena's in Dupont Circle. I would like to thank Deena for hosting a delicious and fabulous Seder--I had a GREAT time!
Anyways, back to my entry. In an attempt to get my finances under control and try to practice some self constraint, I am not going to buy any clothes/accessories/hangbags, etc. for 6 weeks. I am currently on week two. (The Kate Spade I bought myself for my birthday is going to have to last me until May). This puts my next allowable purchase date at May 2. This is going to be difficult for me at times, but I am determined to make it work. I am allowing myself TWO exceptions-- anniversary present for my parents (it's May 4, I am going to try and hold out until the 2nd) and bridesmaid dress for Laura's wedding IF she picks it out (but if you REALLY loved me you would wait until my 6 weeks are up!). I must say, all the emails from JCrew and Bluefly do NOT help, but I just delete them and carry on with my day. I am going to keep everyone updated on my progress weekly. Wish me Luck!
This weekend isn't looking too special, esp since everyone is vacating the area to spend Easter with their families. I am going to clean up my room (since it looks like a tornado ripped through it), spend some time outside and go to an Easter dinner on Sunday with some family friends who always celebrate Jewish holidays with us. I have known them my entire life and they are great friends, so any excuse to see them I jump on. It will be a great start to next week, which will be particularly emotional since the 2nd anniversary of the shootings is next Thursday. More on that next week.
Have a great weekend! All my friends in Richmond, Charlottesville, Boston and my sister in Newport News--I miss you and love you all!
4.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






and your gal in dry fork! hah. the dress can wait -- even if it's hanging in MY closet til may 2nd! love you! :)
ReplyDelete