3.07.2014

Five on Friday

Well...I've been a pretty lousy blogger since I came back from my work trip.....because my team went from 3 people to 1 in basically.....the blink of an eye. So, doing the work of 3 people myself doesn't leave for a lot of spare time to do...well anything. Especially blogging.

BUT...I am slowly going to make my way back....and maybe plan 5 posts on Sunday for the whole week ;)

Anyways, let's get to the good stuff. I haven't liked up in a while and it's super fun.

1. Barcart Dilemmas.
If I am being honest, by Barcart sits in the corner of my dining area, and only gets love when I am having people come over (aka Sparkles & Fur....). But, seeing how most of my house is decorated by now (ugh...1 bedroom condos and I want LOTS of looks!) the only thing left is the Barcart. I put this on Instagram for suggestions, but I would love your feedback, too! So far, there is an overwhelming winner, but I may decide this weekend to rearrange 3 more times ;) 



2. No Spend March.
So....I don't observe the practice of lent....but, I decided that I am not going to spend any 'extra' money in March, kinda along the lines of Natasha is for lent.  I need to get back on the track of saving more than I spend, so this month, no spending on anything that isn't essential. This is going to be REALLY hard for me, since I normally shop on the weekends and browse online on my phone....but 7 days into March we are doing pretty dang good! I have more than anyone would ever need.....so I need to use what I have. I found this on Instagram from the One Year Wardrobe Resolution the other day, and it made me chuckle. Also, if you haven't checked out Christi's journey, you should! She has a lot of really good rules for herself that I may incorporate later, but for now....baby steps. No excessive spending in March.


3. Calligraphy.
With the no shopping comes ideas of what I can do to occupy my time on the weekends I used to spend shopping. I used to be REALLY into Calligraphy when I was younger....and I stumbled across Laura Hooper Calligraphy...somehow. It was probably through Pinterest, but these who the heck knows how I really did. Anyways, her writing is drop dead gorgeous and has inspired me to locate my fancy pens at my parents house (okay....honestly, I called my mom and asked her to look for them.....as they say, it isn't really lost until Mom can't find it) and use some of her video tutorials. I might even look into attending one of her workshops when they come back to DC! I think this could be a fun and useful hobby to get back into and distract me from all the pretties in the mall ;) 




4. Clean Eating.
Since I return from Texas, where my diet was essentially exclusively Tequila and Cheese, I've embraced 'clean eating' and am down about 6 lbs! More importantly, I feel GREAT, even if I think I SHOULD be lighter. I am not bloated, irritable, and actually feel way skinnier than 6 lbs lighter. I've also put ZERO diet coke in my body (can't say the same for coffee....) since last Monday. I am probably never going to be able to cut it out completely, but everything in moderation, right?

5. Happy Birthday Emily!
I can't make a post today without wishing my dear friend Emily a very Happy 29th Birthday! She is the kind of friend we all need--the one who tells you what you NEED to hear, not what you want to hear. We've had a LOT of tough conversations, but I can totally be myself around me, and she listens and accepts me and all my antics regardless. She tells me when I am being unreasonable and bitter, and sometimes I need to hear that. She was also a big supporter of my 'new direction' shift from January, encouraging me to address the things most blogs don't like to, like women in the work force and encouraged me to go to those places most don't want to talk about. Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend! xoxo





Well, that's all I have for today! Have a great weekend y'all! 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, I think you're pretty beeping fabulous! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the same page this week! I'm working on not spending as much, and I started my month the last week of February. It has been oh so difficult! I am wanting to try my hand at calligraphy so badly! I've figured out how to "fake it," but I want to learn how to do the real deal.
    Happy Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy that you're back!! My vote is #1 for the bar cart...I like the tray on top!! i took a calligraphy class and that is just no joke - what a hard art to master - it's truly an art form!! If you get good - start charging money girl!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i second emily's comment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living in Texas it's hard to say no to tequila & cheese! Stopping by from the linkup, excited to follow along & read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bar cart is awesome!

    I like #1 too!

    Good luck with no shopping. Does going to a hh count ;)! Let's plan one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Callig is pretty cool. I wish I could also pick up the skill for myself but finding the time and energy is a bit challenged for me anyway. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest I would add some pops of color to your bar cart! I have the same one (and live in a one bedroom condo) and I struggle with the same thing. What I found was less is actually more and something white on the cart makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete