12.17.2013

My Sparkles & Fur Holiday Housewarming Party

Saturday night, I hosted my first annual Sparkles & Fur Holiday Party 
(that also doubled as my housewarming party...whoop whoop!)


I am beyond blessed with amazing friends, and it was so much fun to create great memories in my new house with them :) 

Not to mention, they exceeded my dress code expectations..every single person had on fur and/or Sparkles...and I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT!

Okay...enough about my thoughts...let's just get to the pics.

I sent out these Kate Spade invites via Paperless Post.  Sadly Paperless post isn't free, but the evites just weren't as cute and I really can't say no to Kate Spade.




This was my fridge after my Friday night shopping extravaganza with my friend Nicole. Safe to say my fridge has NEVER been this full before. What is in there you ask? Oh...1 case of Prosecco, 6 bottles of wine, some beers and a bunch of sodas. Just your typical grocery store trip.


I spent all day cleaning up, just to have it downpour and my floors get trashed. 
Oh well. Life goes on. 

I also only remembered to take pictures BEFORE anyone got there...I had a total of 30 people coming throughout the night and I would be lying if I told you I knew where my phone was...but my couch was dressed to party. 
(Yes, I change out my pillows for the seasons. No I don't think it's crazy.)

(silver pillow from Homegoods)

And my wine bottles were dressed for the occasion as well. 
Wine Stole from Pottery Barn (old)/Faur Fur Wine Bag 
(both gifted to me....clearly my friends understand me)

Finally got to put my Barcart to good use!


My lovely BFF Laura sent over these adorable printables in her place,
(she couldn't make it and I am still sad she wasn't there!) and they looked perfect! That's basically the menu for you, plus cupcakes and some of the Homemade cookies my Momma & I made.


Food Area before the Chick-Fil-A nugs got there (best surprise I kept)....and can we talk about this gorgeous beverage tub?
(No, this post was not sponsored by Threshold for Target, but I am beginning to think they owe me for this.....)

Paper supplies and confetti from Party Depot!

My dining room table that was temporarily moved into the 'dead zone' of my condo....



...and last but not least....my gorgeous (and beyond labor-intensive) tissue paper garland! When I saw it for $16 on Etsy, I was like...'Hell no, I can make that for way cheaper.' 

5 hours into the project I was thinking that could have been $16 well-spent. That baby isn't coming down for a LONG TIME!


The Mason Jars were painted with Martha Stewart Chalkboard Paint (the worst out there IMO...) and covered with gold glitter tulle and leopard print wire ribbon. I also got a couple of these tea light holders  in gold and silver to add a little finishing touch to the kitchen bar area. You can kind of see my dessert section on the backside of the bar that I forgot to photgraph...#fail.



...and here is the living room prepped with Pretzel M&Ms and Cheese & Crackers waiting for guests to arrive! 

Now let's get to the important part....like...what I wore. I may or may not have ordered quite a few dresses and didn't decide to try them on until 2 hours beforehand. I like to keep it interesting.


Dress/ BB Daktoa Fur Sleeves (on sale from South Moon Under)


This is just a small portion of the people that came through that night...I am so lucky to call these girls my friends...and boy did they come ready to party! (I also took none of these pictures, so thank you to everyone who Instagram'd them....)

More beautiful friends! 
(....they had on fur jackets, so I let them in)



Fur, fur...everywhere you looked, there was fur!


Sparkles & Fur for everyone!


...after the party ended and I located my (very sticky) phone....I saw this on Instagram from my dear friend Katie who moved to LA with her Husband this summer....


...this clearly is the Instagram of the Year in my book!


Of course, since I covered my condo in confetti...my my floor looked a little something like this the next morning....

and I wasn't upset about it one bit. I even found confetti in the shower! 

Ahhh..Sparkles & Fur...it's not just a party...it's a lifestyle.



(just one of the many awesome housewarming gifts I got...let's just say my friends know me a little too well and are damn good gift givers!)

To everyone who came out (since most of you are my loyal readers)....thank you SO much for coming...some of you drove 2-5 hours just to celebrate with me for one night, and there are no words to express how much that means to me. I had such a wonderful night and you all exceeded my wildest expectations--I really thought this party was going to be a bust. You are welcome back anytime...and of course the sparkles & fur dress code is always encouraged.  

By the time I get all the confetti cleaned up, it will be time for next year's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment