Since my last post, quite a bit in my life has changed, and to an extent I feel like a brand new woman! In the beginning of 2010 I felt my life was in a rut, and after turning 25 (which clearly freaked me out quite a bit) I decided it was time for a overhaul...I took a long, hard look at my life and what I was unhappy about and decided to do something about it. Most people know I am not one to stand for bitching without action, so I decided it was time to take some of my own medicine. I had two major goals: get back in shape and get a new job. I am happy to report after a 5 month blogging hiatus (where I hit the gym about 5-6 days a week), I am 25 pounds lighter AND blogging from my new desk at my new job! (Okay, I should be working really hard, but it's a slow day!)
I really feel like a new person and have to thank everyone on team Alex for helping me get through it--my friends who put up with all my insanity and love me anyways, my mom for her endless patience and support, my trainer for literally kicking my ass into shape, my roommates for (literally) putting up with me and my endless amounts of laundry and produce, and all of my former co-workers who supported me in my job switch. I am happier than ever and so thankful to have such a strong support system all around.
In 5 months, quite a bit has gone on...this summer has been no different than most, with some very high-profile (at least in my life) weddings on the schedule. Wedding season 2010 started off with my sorority sister Liz's wedding on Memorial Day weekend. Then I was MOH in my BFF Torey's wedding in August (an entire post dedicated to that coming later, say when I am NOT at work). A few weeks later I made a quick trip south again for Emily and Jim's wedding in Richmond, and I am wrapping up wedding season 2010 this weekend in North Carolina! Felice, one of my oldest friends (and first friend I met when I moved to the house I grew up in back in 1992) is getting hitched to a great guy and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone.
While I am excited for wedding season to wrap up (a little tired and quite frankly, running out of money to spend on hotel rooms and gifts), I am worried I will be bored. Never one to be without a few things on the back burner, get excited for posts about my upcoming to-do list:
-Re-decorate my room. Although I love the black and white, I am bored. Time for a change. It has been 3 years afterall. (I forsee a before and after posting......)
-Blacksburg with the gals for Homecoming. This is a must...I was not able to make it back to BBurg last football season (pathetic, I know) and although our team is currently (majorly) struggling, everyone needs to spend more time in Blacksburg. It's good for the soul.
-Visit Emily and Jim in California. When friends move out to California, I think it is only logical to visit in winter while it is cold here and warm there. Plus, I have never been to Orange County and want to see how Emily is progressing on her Real Housewives of Orange County audition ;) (and who wouldn't mind a few days off of work while they are at it?!?)
I should prob get back to work, but just wanted to stop in and say Hi! If I get a chance tomorrow before the roadtrip, I will try to post a quick Friday Five (just for you Laura!), but if not, it will be back sooner rather than later.
I missed y'all!







hhoooooraay! youre back!
ReplyDelete